No one logged in. Log in | My Account

RTO Boot Camp 23-Mar-2018

RTO Boot Camp coming soon..... ..

RTO Events and Training for 2013 25-Feb-2012

Watch out for our new Professional Development Events.........coming soon ..

Sample image


Do I want to be a RTO?
I want to open a RTO
Why Use a RTO Consultant?
Help for my RTO
RTO Compliance
RTO Coaching
RTO Management
RTO Administration
RTO Assessment Tools
RTO Jargon Debugger
RTO E-Learning


CRICOS and visa information for international students

What is CRICOS?

The ESOS Act  requires providers of courses to international students to register their institution and the courses they offer with the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) through the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA).

This register is called the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

VRQA approve registration before a code is allocated and the details recorded on the  CRICOS register. Providers and their agents must not promote a course to overseas students unless it is registered on CRICOS.

What you need to know about visas

If you wish to study in Australia you must have a valid student visa.

Below ..... need to be link to above menu

Student visas

The Australian Government issues student visas for full-time study on the understanding that you study on-campus and have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of your time in Australia.

To apply for a visa, contact the most convenient Australian Diplomatic Mission (i.e. Australian Government office) in your home country. The Australian Government office in your country may be an Embassy, High Commission, Consulate or Consulate-General. For a reader-friendly list of Australian Government offices around the world, please click: Australian Diplomatic Mission


Visa applications

To secure a student visa, it is important to check carefully the individual visa requirements relevant to your country of origin, plus the education sector in Australia or visa type (subclass) for which you are applying (more details follow).

Here are the items you need to check

  • Your country assessment level
  • The visa subclass or education subclass that is relevant in your case, and
  • Any other requirements, such as financial and health issues.

Do you currently hold a visa?

If you already hold a visa, it is important to be aware that you must comply with all your visa conditions in order to retain it. You may be reported and your visa may be cancelled for:

  • Not meeting course requirements.
  • Failure to provide Monash with your address/change of address details within seven days of arrival or address change.
  • Studying less than a full-time load (except in the finishing stage of your course or when repeating failed units)
  • Carrying out paid work without permission, or above the maximum number of hours permitted on a student visa.
  • Taking leave of absence without university approval
  • Not maintaining your Overseas Student Health Cover 


Living in Australia permanently

Usually you must complete your studies before you can apply for Permanent Residency in Australia. There are exceptions, however, for students who apply on the basis of marriage or refugee status or for students in certain courses continuing their studies at a higher level.

If you obtain permanent residency status while you are studying at Monash, one of the issues is that  you may apply to transfer to a ‘Government funded’ or ‘local fee-paying’ place.

There are a number of considerations. If you are enrolled in a Government funded place you contribute to the cost of your education, while the Australian Government contributes significantly by paying around three quarters of the cost.

If you transfer to a government-funded place, you may have to compete for a university place in the local quota for Australian and New Zealand residents. Obviously, this means that it is possible that you could miss out on a university place.

For more information about permanent residency (PR), including basic requirements you must meet to qualify for PR under the skilled migration program, the points test and list of skilled occupations.

More information about living in Australia permanently.


Working while you study

All student visas are granted with work rights attached, allowing international students to do a limited amount of paid work.

As an international student, you can work a maximum of 20 hours per week while the course is in session.


Schooling for your children

You are welcome to bring your children with you to Australia. However, you should know that if they are of school age they must attend school and you will be required to pay school fees for them.

If you receive an Australian Government Scholarship (IPRS or AusAID) you may be eligible for an exemption on your children's school fees. For full details check with the nearestAustralian Diplomatic Mission, or check with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, telephone +61 3 9637 2202.

Related websites
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 
Department of Immigration and Citizenship 
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (Victoria)
Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (Australia) 
Australian Tax Office 

... got this information from

Call now for more information
1300 728 148